By participating in the Give Gas The Bird (the “Sweepstakes”), you agree to be fully bound by these rules, together with details announced by Bird, and represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and purchase does not enhance chances of winning.
- Sweepstakes Sponsor is Bird Rides, Inc., 406 Broadway #369, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (“Sponsor”).
Eligibility. Entry is limited to users of Instagram or Twitter (collectively referred to as the “Sweepstakes Platforms” and each, individually, a “Sweepstakes Platform”), aged 18 and older who are residents of the United States (except residents of Colorado, New York or Rhode Island). Void in Colorado, New York and Rhode Island and where prohibited or restricted by law. You must have an account on either Instagram or Twitter in order to participate. If you do not have an account on either Instagram or Twitter, it is free to create one.
- All terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes Platforms apply; the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with either Sweepstakes Platform.
- Directors, officers, shareholders, employees, and agents of Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates, or Sponsor’s advertising and/or promotional partners, and their immediate families, are not eligible.
- The Sweepstakes begins on March 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm Eastern time and ends on April 18, 2022 at 12:00 pm Eastern time (the “Promotion Period”). Entries must be received during the Promotion Period.
- Entries are limited to one (1) per person.
- How to participate:
- You must have an account on either Instagram or Twitter in order to participate. If you do not have an account on either Instagram or Twitter, it is free to create one. To be eligible to win, you only need to submit an entry on one of the Sweepstakes Platforms. Follow the Sweepstakes details announced by Bird on Instagram and Twitter (“Details”), which unless otherwise specified include the following:
To enter on Instagram:
- Like the sweepstakes photo posted by the Sponsor’s official account on Instagram
- Follow @bird on Instagram
- Comment with the hashtag #givegasthebird in the comments of the sweepstakes photo posted by the Sponsor’s official account on Instagram
To enter on Twitter:
- Like the sweepstakes photo posted by the Sponsor’s official account on Twitter
- Follow @birdride on Twitter
- Comment with the hashtag #givegasthebird in the comments to the sweepstakes photo posted by the Sponsor’s official account on Twitter
- No Liability/Release.
- By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies and partners , as well as Sweepstakes Platforms, and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees and/or agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses, including due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize received in the Sweepstakes. While it involves interaction with the Sweepstakes Platforms, this Sweepstakes is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with the Sweepstakes Platforms. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be addressed to the Sponsor and not to the Sweepstakes Platforms. Winner assumes liability for injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Sweepstakes, or by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
- Prize Winner Selection.
- One (1) first place winner and ten (10) second place winners will be determined at random from among all eligible entries. Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
- The potential winners will be notified via direct message on the applicable Sweepstakes Platform with a request to verify their win within one (1) day of their selection. The winners may also be announced by Sponsor. The potential winners will be required to respond to Sponsor within two (2) days of when the initial notification was sent, and will be required to confirm several pieces of information to verify their win. The potential winners must confirm their name (first/last), mailing address, that they are 18 years of age or older, and that they agree to these Official Rules. If a potential winner does not respond to the message within two (2) days of when the initial notification message was sent, or refuses to confirm the requested information, then the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits their right to the prize and an alternate winner may be selected. The prize will be sent to the winners at the address provided after their win is verified. Sponsor is not responsible for the prize once it has shipped, and winners are solely responsible for ensuring they can receive delivery of the prize at the mailing address they provide.
- Cash redemption, exchange or substitution is not allowed.
- Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize that is not available for any reason.
Prize. The first place winner shall receive a Bird Bike with an approximate retail value of $2299. Each second place winner shall receive a Bird Flex scooter with an approximate retail value of $599.
- Each prize winner is responsible for all expenses not listed in these rules and for payment of any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Potential winners may wish to seek advice from a tax professional prior to accepting the prize. As required by law, winners will be requested to complete and send over a Form W-9 from which an IRS Form 1099 will be prepared by the Sponsor in each winner’s name, stating the value of the prize, and submitted to the IRS. Each winner will receive a copy of the Form 1099.
- By accepting the prize, each winner grants permission to the Sponsor to use such winner’s name and/or photographs, likenesses, voices, any statement by winner, name and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Potential prize winners may be required to follow the reasonable instructions of Sponsor in order to claim prize in addition to any requirements otherwise described herein.
- Prize shall remain valid for redemption until 11:59 pm Eastern time on April 31, 2022.
- Additional Terms.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor which will be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding that body of law pertaining to conflict of laws.
- Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and partners, and the subsidiaries and affiliates of each, and the Sweepstakes Platforms are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss, or injury resulting from late, lost, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries, or phone, computer, or other technical malfunctions. Sponsor is not responsible for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or modify the Sweepstakes and will provide notice of the foregoing.